- Reksa. He's adorable in design. I liked his interactions with other characters, and he had the most to lose out of all of them. Rama was my least favorite due to his childishness (it felt like I was dealing with a Charlie Gordon sometimes), and Mitra was a swoonfest; I wish we got to see a scarier and less perfect side of him. Reminds me of Toma from Amnesia.
- At first it was the art that caught my attention, but it was really the cultural references that made me determined to play the game. I love how the game teaches you about Indonesian culture, and even some words.
- Art, charas, story, and culture. I enjoyed the addition of the encyclopedia, and the emphasis on side charas. I wasn't so sure about the writing style at first, although I got used to it.
- On Rama's route I can only give him the explosives. I've tried clicking everywhere above and below that option, but there's no other choice. Other than that, there are some not as noticeable typos, errors, ect. The random events with Rama did confuse me because I only ever visited the character I was pursuing, yet the main character seemed to know him really well even though I didn't. It also spoiled that part of Rama's route.
- Yes. I'd happily pay ten for this game (wthout grammar errors or glitches ofc). I'm very interested in what you'll make next.
Nusantara: Legend of The Winged Ones
A downloadable game for Windows
Genre: Otome Fantasy, Adventure, Romance, Comedy
WARNINGS: swearing, blood, death, and a little psychological
Long ago, when the world was still young and humans have just learned how to write,
Legends of mythical beings traveled over the continents.
Mysteries about the existence of Dragons, Griffins, Unicorns, and many other myths were told in folklores and heritages.
Some even has human characteristics such as Centaurs, Lamias, Anubis, and Kinara Kinari.
But there was one legend.
Lost and much of it is forgotten.
For none now lived to remember it.
A legend about humans with wings and humans with skin tougher than steel.
How they prospered and how they vanished without a trace.
This is a story about...
How it all began from the gift of Blue Crystal
Both a blessing and a curse from the Goddess.
The Legend shall be unfolded by a human girl.
- 3 love interests
- 6 endings
- 20+ CGs
- Auto save, toggle, Mini encyclopedia
- Unfortunately, Nusantara won't have any mini games due to my lack of understanding in programming.
After almost 2 years, this visual novel is finally DONE! *sobs* I'm happy to present this baby to all of you -especially those in lemmasoft or facebook page who have supported me from beginning until now :') I won't have the patience and motivation to finish this without you!
It may be still far from perfect, but I did my best polishing this baby so please enjoy it! :'3
- This game crashes a lot, so save often! ><
- if you can't open the game, update your directX!
- this VN can be confusing so I gave you a walkthrough in the .rar in case you got stuck ;)
Questions for you:
There are also some question I'd like you to answer after playing this to improve my skills:
- Which bachelor you like the most? and why?
- What makes you consider to play this game?
- Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? and what element stands out the most? (art? story? character?)
- Do you have any question or constructive critiques? I will read all the comments and reply to them like I do in Lemmasoft.
- Last but not least, if I make another visual novel, will you consider buying it? via patreon or kickstarter that is (since I need to eat, electricity, and such things when I make VNs xD)
It's optional to answer those questions btw :'3
Now without further ado, ENJOY!
P.S: Now, this VN is a free-ware, but I do appreciate some donation since I want to buy a new visual-novel software (TyranoBuilder) since there are still so many bugs in Novelty :( not to mention the crashes and it can only be played in windows.
It's really a shame, but the crash is really annoying and torturing my laptop!
P.S.S: The re-make is under construction with Ren'Py :') Tyranobuilder is still lacking some builds (I can't make custom CG gallery/Mini encyclopedia so... but I really appreciate the donations! They really help me to pay the bills and motivates me to keep going forward and continue making new VN in the future :'3).
It's over 65% now and it's in the last chapter, but I will take my sweet since I have work and life is pretty tuff on me this year.
As always, thank you for your support!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
OMGGG NUSANTARA <3
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME PLAYING INDONESIAN-BASED OTOME (and I saw this on 17th August tho -nationalism at its best)
I can't wait to play it~ I'll leave reviews as soon as I've finished the game.
hi hi i was wondering if you have more images? Im thinking of getting it :) is there romancing?
No more images XD but yeah, you play as the Heroine and you can romance one of the three bachelors available.
I advice you to get the new Ren'py version tho. This one is old Novelty version with a bit crashing ><
Hi! I must say Nusantara was a very pleasant experience overall. I especially liked the art and graphics - you're a really good artist, and it really shows in the sprites and CGs. The art is definitely what stands out the most, it is remarkably good, especially for a free visual novel! The characters are quite well-built, but my favourites are Mitra and Reksa. Mitra, because I'm a sucker for adorable big-bear types (he reminded me of Makoto from the anime Free!, who is an absolute sweetheart, quite a lot). And also because his character was very well developed, consistent, yet evolving adequately as the story unfolded. Reksa was slightly less fleshed-out because of the reduced amount of time he and Tamara spent on friendly terms, BUT - he's actually the most physically attractive of all three. To me, at least! I also tend to feel very attracted to stories of "forbidden love", so to say - of love growing between opposite people, with opposing factions or beliefs. That's what I really liked about his route. I had fun playing both, though! The only character I don't feel all that attracted to or curious about is Rama. Perhaps because I don't like yandere/sadistic types, but I'm just not very eager to play his path - and as of today, I haven't done so, so I can't say anything about him. He's just not my type, I suppose - nothing wrong with that!
The only element I would critique would be the writing, which could use some more work. I played through it a while ago, but I do recall some of the comedy sounding too overused, or cliché-d. But, although it seemed overly simplistic at times, you have a pretty good hang of the "show, not tell" feature, which is essential for all types of writing. What I'm saying is: you are good at having the reader easily picture the events in their mind as they read, but the actual writing - the choice of words and plot development - could use some working on. Ah, the dialogue was also well done! It felt natural, never forced, which is also a really good thing. So don't be discouraged! The more you write, the better you get!
Lastly, the Novelty engine was rather annoying to play with, because the format gave errors, went real slow at times, etc - obviously that is not at all your fault, but the engine's. Just thought I'd mention it because Ren'Py is really well worth sticking to. It's free, easy to use, and hardly ever crashes!
As for your question, I would consider buying the visual novel if the plot and characters were compelling enough for my taste. I am sure with your skills you could whip up something great :D
Hi aerasart and thank you for playing!
I'm happy to hear that you like my art-style :"D and yeah, I agree that my writing still has rooms for improvement (as for the cliche moments -I can't help it x'D I think I'll need to think of something fresh).
And yes, Rama's route is the most dark of the three routes (this is an experiment since I want to try mixing and balancing dark and light elements -but I understand that he might turn off some people xD nothing wrong with that so thank you for the honesty!)
And I agree about sticking with Ren'Py. I studied it for the sake of re-making Nusantara: LotWO and I'm very happy to be finally comfortable with it! My next project will be using Ren'Py so no worries for crushing anymore ^-^)/ but I'll still have to study and improve my grammar + writing skills tho.
Oh and if you click my profile in itch io, you can find Nusantara's new Ren'Py version if you didn't know about it o.o;
Last but not least, thank you for your support and I hope to see you again in the future!
Hello there. Alright first off I'd like to state that this was a lovely visual novel that I'm very happy I was able to experience, it being free and all. I would love to blather on about my indulgence within your creation, and I will, but I wished to add my thoughts on it, and thus, this review is quite long. Apologizes, I have a tendency to do that. With that said, into the questions, and again it really was a pleasure to witness, and thoroughly delightful. I applaud you on your hard work.
1) Which bachelor did you like most and why?
Out of the three, it's a difficult choice between Reksa and Mitra, though I still found enjoyment through Rama's route. In a more realistic sense it would be Mitra, however Reksa's character had much more of a flare I suppose. I would have to say Reksa. They're both undeniably interesting as well as Rama. The reason I feel Rama's character fell short was I found myself seeing him as nothing more then that, a character, again an interesting one none the less. The way his story melded with the present just clashed in a way and for me, that was what pulled me back into thinking less about the character. I was still upset or annoyed by his actions and had emotional responses however, he still fell into a flat character mold. The troubled kid trying to hide himself with a mask, a classic character that never falls short of intriguing. Yet, it can be tricky to master, and being able to really make the character feel real and interactive or tangible is a puzzle depending on the type you are aiming for. I don't know, he was just flat and kind of empty, it was a blur of trying to meld things together in a mismatched way, it didn't feel as much "there" as it should have.
As for Mitra, an obvious favorite, it was most likely due to the fact that his character was more fleshed out in a sense. He felt much more real, and he was simple, kind, and quite an agreeable one. He had other sides to him, like the warrior, and the way his different traits were molded together, worked quite well. He wanted to do good, make sure his people, and his family were protected, safe, and happy. A sensible character that no matter where you picked him up and put him, would fit. Much more tangible and believable, which pulled me a bit more into the story and I began to take interest into him as a character as well as persona. This doesn't mean he doesn't have a few things that I couldn't really connect with, but that was me personally. As to him being "too nice" well yes in a way. He was kind, he was strong, and reliable, he showed a bit of weakness when he agreed with Yuda's rage against the Komodos, but that was about it. He never really showed anything else, he was very courteous and gentle, which was of course nice, but he didn't have as much depth beyond the gritty prince of reality who was made to sweep the heroine off her feet and have a warming relationship with.
Now onto Reksa, another obvious favorite. The grumpy "bad boy" type that comes to show interest in the heroine as she purists out of kindness, curiosity, or simply needing to under the circumstances. This was the route I just finished and I really did enjoy it, mostly whenever the MC interacted with him in ways that resulted in an amusing banter or some sort of interesting response in general. I'd say I undoubtedly liked Reksa's characterization the most. He has depth, showing his pride, his doubt in himself, but his trust that he begins to place in the MC only brings more for his character. He had some humor, but even doubted the MC, and yet began to come back with his own kindness. His relationship with his father and the village was also interesting, and his rivalry with the main antagonist was also something that increased the depth in his character, though slightly more fantasy placed than that of Mitra, I still found him a bit more believable and developed. Again this was just my take away.
2) What made you consider playing this Visual Novel?
To be honest, just my boredom, and interest in games. I've been recently searching through more story driven ones, and looked through the visual novels available here. The name itself caught my interest, and the art style was appealing, as was the description. I simply chose to take a chance at it and see how I liked it. It's actually difficult for me to find games like these that I can't find at least some merit of, and I leave the judgement until I've played through it as much as it allows, and soak up all elements.
3) What did you think of the visual novel overall? What elements stand out the most? Ex. Art, story, characters, etc.
As I've stated previously, overall, I enjoyed this visual novel and would rate it (And have) at four stars, though I'd prefer something more than just five stars to express my feelings, hence long comment/review. I've rather in depth stated my opinions on the three love interests, however I also found connections within supporting characters, and even just the silhouettes had enough personality for me to be able to somewhat delve into the story more. Therefore, I felt the characters are a very strong element within this VN. Which was enhanced by the art, and the visual representation. The art was quite nice, though I will say some of the positioning or just realistic elements in the CG's were awkward, but it is something I cannot fault being familiar with how difficult this can be, but it was something I noticed. The story was pretty simple, sometimes a bit lacking, and easy to predict in some elements which was a hindrance in some ways such as the way it affected the realistic ways of Rama's actions. However, it was still a pleasant one to go through with the characters.
4) Do you have any questions or critiques?
I have already stated many of my critiques previously throughout the other questions such as the characters depth, awkward story moments or some art depictions, and how the story was rather simple, which is not necessarily bad, since the characters were highlighted well within it and worked but it was a problem with certain themes or aspects. There were some things where I'd be doubting it or wondering how something is possible, because things that deal with time travel can get complicated, so it leaves weird things and many questions but it wasn't that defined. It is something tricky to avoid, leaving things open, and finding problems with the story or events, but it was something that caught my attention. Again, a difficult thing to deal with in fantasy settings so I wasn't that peeved by it since I'm guilty of it personally however much I attempt to mend and avoid it.
My main critique with the VN is mildly nit picky, but nevertheless, quite important: The language, such as grammar and spelling.The way a story flows is important, and keeping that flow is vital for a reader's involvement, and overall experience with the story. So when a story has these problems, it breaks the flow, it breaks that involvement down a little bit more, and it's usually awkward and considering the current event, it may distract from any emotional responses or depth it was meaning to portray. An example of this is when the MC was with Rama, before they fell from the tree branch breaking, the choice there between "take a deep breath" and "Feel your surroundings" there was one, and it broke the tension, it broke down that moment as it says "feel your surpundings." (Or some spelling of that variant I'm not too positive on the exact lettering.) It was a moment of intimacy between them in a way, and slight panic of the situation, but I ended up laughing. It broke down my connection with the story, it broke that flow. The proper grammar and flow of the language you're using, is a seriously underrated importance in something like this, especially for reading, I find it personally vital to how the story is, and feels. However, this was again, free.
5) If I made another visual novel would you consider buying it via patreon or kickstarter?
In short, no. Mostly due to the fact that I am still in high school, and do not buy things online, no matter how much I wish to. I would honestly love to, but even if I was given that privilege, I would not have the money for it. Therefore, I seek out free games I may enjoy such as yours, and take it with a grain of salt. I wish I could support creators such as you, that have made things I'm fond of, but again, I simply can't.
However even though I can't, if I were to be able to, I would say absolutely. Depending on several factors; Mostly the one's I've critiqued thus far. If I were to buy a visual novel or anything really, I'd expect a certain quality of it, meaning I'd expect minimal to no issues in the language, because that's what I expect of things I'm too buy. Therefore, I suggest you not only work further on developing your skills in understanding grammar, and the language, but increasing your editing between not just yourself, but another person who may correct things you missed, or help enhance it in ways you can't. Which is never a bad thing. It's always better to run it through more sources. No matter how good you are at the given language, in this case English, you will always benefit from the help of another person, because you can always miss something, or correct it in your mind since that's what you wanted there. They may also provide insight from a new perspective.
It will not only improve the quality but it can enhance the story itself, the way you wield language, the power of words, is certainty something not to be underestimated.
All in all. I without a doubt enjoyed this creation, and I'm happy I found it and was able to review it. It was amazing for what I was given,despite my critiques, It was a lovely experience. Thank you, and I look forward to any more work you produce, even if I can't buy it, maybe I'll just wait a couple years or enjoy what parts I can. Again, apologies for such a long bloody review, I tend to write a lot. Hopefully something was at least interesting or useful. Also props to you if you read it all. Best wishes.
Hi Blase! I'm very grateful for your heartfelt review and critiques :')
Please, blather all you want since I'm really touched to see how you managed to analyze the characters and told me constructive opinions so I can improve!
I apologize for this late reply tho -my job is hectic right now and I don't have the time to check on my private projects ><;
First of all, I'm very surprised to hear that you're still in highschool O.O
Your review has wide grammar, it also flows so smooth and pleasantly polite that I found myself reading it again and again. Is English your mother tongue? Like you've noticed, grammar has always been my nemesis in creating a good script.
I had 2 friends proofreaded Nusantara (Australian and Indonesian), but the problem still exists x_x I wonder if it gotten worse since we had to check it multiple times.
But thank you for pointing that out! I'm in the middle of looking someone to proofread my next project but it won't be until I've finished my 'preparation stage' which is still quite a long way to go. To be honest, I hope I can find someone like you :')
Anyways, I want to also thank you for analyzing the boys!
1. I have to admit that Rama was a challenge to write. His past is the most complex of all and I guess I had some difficulty about how to 'tell' his story tothe readers. Nevertheless, your review about him is true; his character didn't mold as good as I plan it to be -but I will take this experience to be more careful in the future X)
Conclusion: I really should carry each bachelors stories carefully and plan them slowly so I can bring out their fullest potential, yes?
No comment about Reksa... but I'm probably a little bias with him since he's the first bachelor I made and one of the main reason why this Nusantara VN exist ><;; apologies!
For Mitra; I agree that he's the most stable character out there! I can't even say/add anything more since you basically describe him exactly as I created him to be :")
2. I'm always happy to hear people found my game by coincidence and ended up enjoying it! x'D I'm also glad to hear you like my art-style although I admit I need more training in making CGs hahahahah ~
3. You're right. I always found connections between characters are important -even with minor characters. In the future I hope to make better stories where I can tell complex stories involving multiple characters or like Rama's smoothly ><
Oh but quality control is also one of my in-progress-problems ^^; please bear with me since I'm still in the middle of looking for an art style for my CGs
4. I have to admit... that I sometimes have a twisted humor :")) that's also why the songs/mood changes like a roller coaster in Rama's route lol. I just... can't help it but I'll take notes and try to be constant about a scene's mood >< thanks again!
5. Your thoughts and support are very appreciated! I understand your situation too well since I was also like that in highschool. Heck, I only started using credit cards after graduating college :"))
Still, I'm happy to meet you here and I hope to see you around!
Also, I have a question; are you interested to be my proofreader for my next project? it wont start for awhile but I'll be very happy to have you help me with my grammar ><
It's no problem at all, I really did enjoy it besides, it's nice practice for AP English. I've been doing a lot more analysis in school as well so it's helped my ability to pick apart characters and story elements. My English teacher last year was obsessed with character and story analysis so I've come into it more. I'm glad you appreciate the constructive criticism, it's just I've encountered several friends who find it to be a bit too much sometimes. I'm happy to help.
Don't worry about the late response I understand. Yes, I'm heading into my third year. Also, English is in fact my one and only language as of now.
Like I said before, after the same people or person reviews the same script over and over, you can tend to easily skip over something or have it corrected in your mind but not on paper. So it's understandable that it at some point hit a brick wall in editing. Some people just can't keep going, and if you don't know what mistakes you're making, it's not much help either.
I enjoy analyzing things, and characters, stories in general, it may be strange, but I just find something so interesting about breaking things down and getting to such thin details it's highly questionable if I should even be wasting my time going so far.
Now planning out backstories is important, and being rather detailed may help depending on how it fits with said character or the story in general. If the backstory is a large part of a character then yes, it should be pretty planned out and understood. However, some characters benefit from a more blurry backstory, one you can question and build into the character itself without doing something like a full bio. It really depends on your character, and how you're building them to be. It's just important to be able to look at a character and turn them into something dimensional, not a flat bio description made obviously for plot points or random background. It makes them boring, or puts the readers off of the character, they don't make sense, and they can't get invested.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a "twisted" sense of humor, and taking the readers on a roller coaster ride with the story or character, isn't initially a bad thing to do, it just needs to be done right. You can make a story erie or dramatic, or twisted, and throw in unexpected elements from characters, but it still needs to make sense in a way. It still needs to have a flow. Just as keeping things more constant has an easy to handle flow, drama, is more tricky. But it still has it's own flow.You just can't cut out certain pieces you want, slap some glue on the back and toss it onto a board hoping it will look pretty or the way you want at the end, you need to make the pieces fit, they can over lap or add contrast and different elements, but they need to feel like they make sense, they need to look good together, even if it clashes, it can still just "fit." So you need to balance the character out with the story, and find how it can flow, and still get that clashing, uneasy, twisted feeling to it.
I'm glad to have found this project and met you as well SweetChiel.
Of course, I'd be happy to help.Warm Regards,
Can I have your email? ^-^ I'll definitely contact you when a demo script is done~ If we found out that we work together wondefully, I hope we can work for the long run? I look forward to work with you!
hello, I'm in the middle of playing your game, [I LOVE IT BTW] but my only flaw is that whenever I open options, it says there is an error and it can't load. This blue-ish screen with a bunch of text I don't understand pops up too. It's not in a different language or anything, it's just a bunch of coding.
I hope anyone knows a way to fix this lol ): but anyways, I'll be back in a few days because I really want to write a thoughtful review about this game bc I've only played half of it but I'm just so into the story that I don't want it to end aaaaah.
I'm sorry gor the bugs and errors, but this is an old version of Nusantara and I suggest you to go to my profile and click Nusantara's new Ren'Py version ^^- there shouldn't be any error in the new ver ~
Thank you and I'll look forward for your after thoughts!
Hi, love your VN n hardly believe that you let this kind of (very hard) work as free!!
You're so generous, thank you so much!
I basically just want to answer your questions:
1. Mitra. Why? hmm, I thought the reason was already listed in the story! (and you didn't even dare to give him bad ending yourself...for those same certain kind of reason, perhaps...? ^^) Possessive and enigmatic ones might be interesting that challenging, but too hard to handle (for real!) haha...
Besides, I believe that a 'prince charming'/'knights in shining armor' is never a mere rainbow and butterflies, it's actually a living battlefield with tears, blood, and sweat against oneself so that keeping such idealism live in one's life; he could also be very hard to handle that he tend to consciously put others more important than himself and his own fams/love ones, even letting others taking advantages on him, especially when he knows best...and still stubbornly stick to his idealism...(infuriating, isn't?) Tamara have to grow a big heart to share Mitra...with the whole 2 villages's people! You actually could still put more in depth dark side of that shiny character of Mitra, so that even goodness has its own intrigue/sacrifice...or for the next ones, maybe...^^
2. First impression was honestly the artwork, especially the character's, then it's the story that you put values and humanity in it, not just a plain story of 'getting the boys'. But I mostly impressed in how you put so much details in the artwork to describe the atmosphere.
3. The culture! I love how you cleverly fused your country's culture and value into the story and every of its detail, showed how much you value your own culture, and introduced them to others, making this VN has its own unique. I also like the culture fun facts, the birds and komodo's personification of your VN characters.
4. I personally prefer the characterization rather than the story line ^^; so I'm just thinking whether there is possibility of making more in depth options so that determined the main character's character...? Not just about where to go or choosing between 2 options (one obviously the right choice); but more about what to say, what to choose, what to do, so that players could personalized their main character (based from the choices). Put more choices (being witty, subtle, practical, naive, skeptic, angry, ignorant, etc).
And how this choices interact with different kind of love interest's characters/other characters, determined their relationship (couple/friend/just acquaintance/even enemy) (but please, no activity/status/task bar...I don't really like it haha), as well determine the conclusion of the story from many perspectives/how it will end.
Sorry if it sound too ambitious...and I realize it also depend on your target player...Anyway, it's just another one idea though...^^
5. Yes! If it at least has the same quality.... (I decided to buy this game without second thought when playing it) How could I have a heart to play this for free when you've already given so much?!!
I also like the BGMs...do you consider to make them available for commercial download?
You have such talent in what you're doing and obviously put your heart in it. You are as rare as Mitra's character yourself! ^^
I definitely looking forwards for your next woks!
Keep up the good work, sweetchiel! ^^
Hi ve and thanks for your enthusiastic review! X') I'm glad you love this VN as much as I do :"3
1. lol I agree that guys like Reksa and Rama could be hard to handle in-real-life x'D Mitra is more like our ideal guy -but hey, that's why playing VNs are so fun right? OuO
You managed to catch Mitra's character really well <3 which makes me so happy since he definitely needs more love x'D
But I'll do my best to create more interesting characters in the future ;) some people find him to be 'too kind' or 'too gentlemanly' xDD
2. Thank you! I'm very happy to hear you like my art-style :'3 I hope to make bright colored art -but my story is a little dark psychological so imagine my surprise that they managed to go well together! X'D
3. Thanks! Yup I love my culture -but the research makes it so long to complete so I hope you'll be patient with me ><
4. Hmm in short, you want to characterize the main character yourself? O.O That's a good idea! but it will make it hard for me since I'm a newly started programmer so I'm gonna be confused with all the personality branching (but maybe angelic/devilish are enough?)
I will consider about this personality split thanks!
But for the response choices; i do plan to chage it from 2 to 3 choices in the next project ;)
There are plenty new features I wish to try with my new project (stats bar is one of them so, sorry xD but it will be only 3 stats so it wont be hard since 1 bachelor only need you to focus on 1 stat -except if people push me to make a mystery character lol)
Wow I really appreciate your income here OuO; I even tell you some unpublished info about my next project *oops* but it's still a long way to go so be patient with me x'D
5. Awww thank you for your support ! QuQ it's my pleasure and you're welcome!
It depends on which BGM you're talking about xD there are probably around... 6 or 7 original BGM and the rest is free BGMs which you can find out in my credits ~
I'll have to discuss my BGM friends if they want to be commercial download or not -but glad to see you're interested!
Oh and my next project info is released in my Facebook page 'Nusantara Visual Novel Series' :"3
It's called 'Nusantara: Bermuda Triangle'; an entirely new story but set in the same universe. I'm doing the preparations right now but updates won't be here until ... December at the most. My job is flooring me atm x.x
Until then, stay tuned and see u around! ^.^)/
Happy to hear that you're on the way of a next project!! (I'll bear it even with stat bar...) ^^
Wishing you all the BEST,
Don't give up on things you love!
Waiting for your new up dates/activities...^^
Hi, thank you for making this awesome VN. Maybe I'll review it when I finished all routes :)
Actually I have a problem. I want to take Reksa's route, since I have finished Mitra and Rama's. When Tamara met Mitra, Rama and Reksa for the first time, I have chose all three (Go meet Mitra, Take a walk, and go to herb forest). But even after that, Asih kept saying "Alright, what do you want to do now?" even though I've already chose all three. I have no prob at all when taking MItra and Rama's route.
I suggest you go to my profile and download Nusantara's new version (Ren'Py ver)
This is an old version so there might be some crashes/bugs :")
I think i might be the only person who's unable to see the walkthrough pics D:
The game unfortunately crashes permanently for me on Month 5 Week 1.
This is the Old version of Nusantara x'D
Please go to my profile and click on Nusantara's new Ren'Py version. There wont be a crash problem wih it :")
First of all, I never left a comment for anyone in my entire life. So yeah.. Basically, I am impressed, you did a good job. At first I didn't expect much from it, but reading further and further I grew to love the story.
So second of all, I'm sorry for judging before reading, so I'll answer your questions as an apology for judging.
1. Reksa sure is my favorite love interest. Because, well.. The little moments of affection between him and the MC were just SO cute. Like, like.. I don't no, it was just super cute how he claimed the MC to be his. I also enjoyed Mitra's route a lot, since he was really kind and thoughtfull, but also a badass when needed ;) That is just, uhm, no words to describe it. It's just everythng a girl can wish for, right?
2. I don't pay for VN's or anything really. I'm pretty much broke, soo yeah. So I looked up free VN's and yours got my attention, but since I don't like people making stuff up about what happened in the past (don't get me wrong, I love historical things, but it's just, I wan't the real thing, not just make up stories), I just didn't want to download it. But a few days later, I still hadn't found something that seemed good enough, so I remembered your VN (since it has such an interesting name: 'Legend of the winged ones'), so I decided to give it a chance, and boooyyy! Am I glade I did!!
3. What I think about this VN is, well.. It's pretty amazing, I liked every bit of it, except for the part where Rama made it confusing.
4. Like I already mentioned, I didn't like the parts where Rama messed up the story, but on the other hand, I understood that it couldn't be helped. And I just began to saw it as how caring the MC is, even when she has other things on her plate, she still went to the trouble totry to help a friend in need.
5. I'll consider it alright, but don't expect much from me, I need to save my money as much as I can. Yeah, seems like a poor excuse, but I really am broke, I need every cent I can get. So I don't know if I actually would pay, but I would condsider it.
Well I hope you don't mind reading my whole comment since I wrote a lot.
Anyhow, I am looking forward to your next stories. Good luck dear.
P.S. I loveeddd Asih and Yuda, they were just tew cute together!!
Hi Serefina! Hahahah, it makes me happy to hear that some people who accidentally found my VN enjoyed it more than they expected x'D
1. Yes, Reksa is still the favourite so far -people said there are more sexual tension in his route than other routes x'D (is it true? Why didn't I realize it sooner lol) and yes, Mitra is the symbol of chivalry -but honestly I just want to create a balance with Rama's dark story.
2.yes I understand that we need more free VNs out there! >< and YAYYY for you to decide to download my baby in the end! X'D
3.Hahahah yup, some people also have the same opinion as yours. I think there are rooms for improvements for my writing skills too -I'll do my best in my next project! >:)
4. Aww thank you! I also thought that Tamara is very patient with Rama despite him being a jerk.
5. It's okay ~ I'm just glad you like VN and even considered to save money for it :"D
Your comment/critiques are always welcome no matter how long they are xD (wall text amuses me and makes my day better to know people like it enough to leave a long comment <3)
See you again in the future/around if you have more questions!
P.S: Ikr! They're so cute together! But some people are sad that Yuda is not available anymore x'D
Yeah, you're right about the 'more sexual tension' in Reksa's route, I guess that made him even more interesting/likeble than he already was. It was kinda nice actually, it didn't go too far, it was just the right amount of 'sexual tension'. xD That sounds so weird, but okay.
P.S. It's true that I wished that Yuda was a love interest ('cause, let's admit it, he is kinda good looking too xD), but still.. It was also nice that the MC was not the only one who was in love. And Yuda and Asih were just sooo adorable I really loved it.
Hey SweetChiel, just want to say thank you for making a wonderful VN. The story was fantastic.
Though I still felt that a certain avian could've been saved even without doing that certain avian route. Since it happen because of a misunderstanding.
- Which bachelor you like the most? and why?
My favorite was Mitra because his personality is exactly my boyfriend and he is gorgeous. Plus, he is family oriented that is a huge plus for me ;D and my I add he is gorgeous.
After him is Reska because his possessiveness is hot. Then is Rama because of him being mentally unstable.
- What makes you consider to play this game?
I was looking for free VN and then I saw the art for this game. Then I thought, "wow, this is beautiful" . I loved the colors, the dresses, the cultures of the tribes. It was great.
- Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? and what element stands out the most? (art? story? character?) Everything but for me the most is art, followed by characters and story.
- Do you have any question or constructive critiques? I will read all the comments and reply to them like I do in Lemmasoft.
I think that Rama could've been saved regardless and that it would be interesting if there was a route in which you do save his life but not end up with him. Call me salty, but I just felt like he could've found happiness through forgiveness and learning the truth. But he is your character.
- Last but not least, if I make another visual novel, will you consider buying it? via patreon or kickstarter that is (since I need to eat, electricity, and such things when I make VNs xD)
Depends how much it is. Unfortunately I don't have any money since I don't have a job. But I love to if I did have the money. Either way I'll be eager to read any future VN
Whoa, hi sirona04!
Really sorry for this late reply! >.<; your comment is hiding at the corner and I sometimes missed a comment :'D
Also, you're very welcome! it's my pride and joy to see people love my VN so much :')
1. Hahahah, yes, I agree! I think Mitra is like an almost extinct male species :')) so gentlemen and family oriented! Thanks for giving all three of them a chance tho :'D
2. Thank you! I do my best to 'woo' you guys with my arty-skills! x'D
3. Aww thank you! :'3 hmm, I think there are still rooms for improvements -I'll try to do better in my next project! >:)
4. Yes, you have a point there. But sadly, Rama's psychology is too far gone to be ever saved without someone he trust to push him out of his shell u.u he already 'stamped' the villagers as betrayals, let alone Komodos :') he doesn't trust anyone on the island anymore and that's where Tamara came in!
But hey! thanks for the input there! I'll take it into consideration when I write more angst stories x'D *gosh, I think I'm developing a sadist streak here*
5. Thanks for your consideration! :'D
Once again, thank you for your kind support and I hope I'll see you around!
It's ok, it happens lol ^-^ However, I do feel special because that you replied 8D
Yes, your VN is my favorite VN, then its Ninja Destiny 2 and Wizard hearts...or something like that.
1. I know! The way you did Mitra's character was on point. I wonder if someone will make a plushie of him...I'll totally get it.
2. You wooed my heart with your art ;v; it is beautiful!
3. I'm cheering for you. You did really well in this one :D and everyday we improve on what we work on. I believe in you!
4. I know ;-; I'm just a hopeful type a person, especially since I have depression myself. So, I felt like there was always a way. I do like his route though. I found it cool that he was a badass fighter. xD By the way, does his wings ever heal? or was the bones healed in a way that it wasn't in alignment?
5.I gots a job 8D so yush I shall buy it. Do let me know that you made a new one though si ^^
I keep running into a issue on Rama's story. I go through his...obstacle during Month 4 week 4, and everything kinda works out by Month 5 week 1, but then the story back tracks a week to the festival and the dialogue suggests that the obstacle wasn't overcome. I've already uninstalled the game then reinstalled, but the same thing happens. What exactly is going on and how can I fix it?
This is an uncommon problem o.o Most of people don't have this 'backtrack' problem.
I suggest to use skip by pressing 'ctrl' until you pass the obstacle and then save. This works for people who is stuck on a certain point of the story.
Other than that, you can always wait for the re-make ^^; I'm sorry, but there is little I can do about Novelty's bugs
ooohhh i love your game. It's freaking awesome from the story to the art. ^^ I can't choice one of this guys. (okay i chose one of them the best)
Mitra is the gentle, strong and sey, who protected the other. His story was very fine. And the ending was beautiful. A intersting proposal.^^
Rama is the strongest of all but he was sometimes a bit creepy XD. And his blue eyes. His Past was so sad. I love both of his endings, the good end (epilog) was very sweet. He is very lovely because i think his dangerous fot Tamara. But his bad end was also very lovely and sad together because of his past. So sad.
And in the end Reksa ^^. At the start I thought can you speak or only growl. But this make's him pleasant ^^ and later he is very nice and i love his story to. Also "She is mine." I love it. ^^ The good and the bad ending was fantastic. The bad is so...I must cry because of this sad beautiful end.
But the best end of all was for me Reksa's, this ritual is like a display by the animal, oohhh i love it. This fits PERFECT. Reksa is soooo cute and a BIT horny AND he AWESOME. ^^
The illustration are amazing, I like the art. ^^
Hope for more from you ^^
Hi and thanks for reviewing Rinaria! :")
I'm really happy happy that you gave the boys a chance and discovered their unique charms :"3 and lol, somehow I'm not surprised Reksa is your fave xD He is our top guy here and made lots of maiden hearts soon <3
Your support is really appreciated and warmly accepted :"3 thanks again and see you in my next game!
omg wattt why i've re install my directx like 3times but they wont opeeen i want to play it soon
it should run after you extract it with winrar and re-install directX ver 9c ><;
Have you tried re-starting your computer?
so for ages now ive been attempting to download the game but everytime i doe a problem pops up. i go and download something to fix it then once its fixed another one pops up! its so frustrating ahh ~ does anyone know how to fix this? it said before something about fmodelx.dll or something and then something about error point and im literally brain dead rn haha!
umm maybe it has something to do with your internet speed or browser? O.o
I've checked the download link and I had no problem with it ><
Everytime I try and download the game it 'does' download but it is a flat file. I cannot click on it to open it.
it's a .rar file. You need to 'extract' it with Winrar ^^;
Thank you for the reply. Though I did figure out that I had to update the Directx (though it took me forever to figure out how.) Then I compressed the file and extracted it now it works! I can't wait to play it.
Well this is bad... This is the second time I have to extract a clean copy of the game in order to play it again. I think that if it crashes it sometimes corrupts my saves, because if I move my saved games to a clean game folder it suddenly doesn't load anymore as well. No error messages or anything, it just doesn't open anymore and closes. '_', I'm really interested in continuing playing, but now I'm feeling a little down to keep at it, sorry to say it... I hope a stable Renpy version comes soon.
FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING THIS ERROR: Restart your computer. It is as simple as that. It seems the game's process doesn't close properly at some errors, could be an engine thing. I couldn't pinpoint what could be wrong using the task manager, but if the issue is from engine it is something hard to fix for the average programmer. That and I'm not even sure if Novelty's engine is open source, so maybe it is not even something that can be fixed. So yeah, just restart your computer, it'll fix it by wiping your memory clean of all processes, and you're good to go again.
I'm having trouble getting Reksa's endings. Like, I can't get his endings even though I followed the guide. Is his route really supposed to overlap with Mitra's? Because after the ambush, I get Mitra's route and then everything turns into that instead of Reksa. The choice to either give the pink chrystal or the explosives doesn't even pop up. Could I get some help?
I have the same problem, except instead of switching over to Mitra's route, mine switches to Rama's. For some reason, I think in month 2 or 3 (?), I get an event where I tell Asih, Yuda, and Granny about helping Rama and it's a whole big deal. Then later, I visit his house. I don't get an option to hang out with Reksa instead.
also, fox, rama's route mixes with the main story. So it's not a bug. It's normal to suddenly switch to rama's route because if it doesn't, you won't understand why a particular event happened later in month 4
it's a common bug if you scroll down and look through the comments here ^^;
The choice to give Reksa the pink crystal is invisible. Just click on the blank spaces above/below the choice to give him the bombs
Thanks for replying. :) ((BIT OF A SPOILER))
I did see another post with the same problem. You mentioned something about Tamara chasing after Reksa if the affection was high enough, but that didn't happen at all. I've already downloaded the game a second time, just playing through Reksa's route but I still end up getting what appears to be Mitra's route, and then getting the ending where she goes back. How will you know if his affection is high enough? There was a mention of something like 200 points, but I don't know how much that is when looking at the love meter in the options tab.
jhey, can you explain to me what 'appears to be Mitra's route'?
If you're questioning about Rama's story where he's missing, it's normal if the story branches only between Mitra and Rama. Later, IF you are in Reksa's route, Rama will not be found, and the branching to Reksa's route happens in the festival (Month 5 week 1, Where Tamara thought about Rama but then she thought about Reksa as well and THEN she decided to look for him.)
If the events above is not happening, or you're thrown into Mitra's event (Omed-omedan), then I seriously don't know what's wrong ^^; 200 points should be achieved when you follow the walkthrough (in the love-parameter should be above mid-way)
I suggest, if the problem still appears, wait for the ren'py version. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
Yeah, I know about Rama's story branching into every single route. AH. So there's the problem, because the Omed-Omedan happens every single time. And I'm pretty sure my love-parameter was near the top (right below the fancy design) - I could take a screenshot and attach it for you, if you'd like, but you said mid-way so I'm pretty sure the affection level is fine. Probably just another bug - I'll try playing it again. Thank you so much! ^.^
Okay solved it. XD I think it was because I kept skipping so much that the coding couldn't keep up. XD Thank you again for your help!! ^.^ And I'm looking forward to the Ren'Py version as well - maybe this time I can actually donate instead of downloading it for free. <3
I'm having some trouble with opening the game ('~') it says its a ".rar" file and it won't play it as a game or anything :'( Can i haz halp plz? (I'm still a noob at file components and stuff... so yea i'm dumb)