I've played the OG version of the game a couple times, as well as the new version. It's one of my absolute favorites, so I'm sliding in here to leave a comment for you!
- 1. Which guy did you like the most and why?
- Definitely Reksa. I'm a sucker for edgy boys, for one, but also liked the progression of stranger-to-ally-to-love. Made the bond between MC and Reksa feel real. That being said, Rama was also excellent in terms of trauma and recovery. The MC being patient with him, I think, was well done.
- 2. Do you play a lot of otome/visual novels? What made you choose to play Nusantara?
- Yes, I play tons of otome games. I chose Nusanatara because I enjoy fantasy elements, and this seemed to fit the bill for sure. I definitely was new to Indonesian culture, so seeing those elements was a welcome surprise as well.
- 3. Which element of the game would you say was the best and which ones would you say need work? Consider story, art, characters, music etc.
- I think the best aspect of the game was how realistically the MC bonded with each love interest. The slow-ish accumulation of language and cultural elements, the fact that most of the time there was a natural relationship progression.. both of those things made for a better romance game, in my opinion. Also, while not the longest or most gameplay-complex otome game out there, I think there's a place for ones that focus in on story with very little to distract from it. If you wanted to add more complexity to the gameplay (such as elements that would sort of "change the MC's personality" via certain actions, choices, or character creation options), that could be a good addition.
- 4. Do you have any other questions, comments or constructive criticism?
- Definitely loved the Indonesian cultural elements. If, in a future endeavor, you continued to delve into your native culture, please expand upon that so those of us unfamiliar with it can learn more! I'm really glad in the new version you added an encyclopedia/codex!
Thank you so much for making this game! I'm planning on making my own game, myself, and Nusantara is one of the games that encouraged me to give it a try! :)